Monday, January 30, 2006

Sprinklers

Ch: I had a meeting with Waycott Electrics and gave Mr. Waycot all th paper work for him to fil in the forms etc.
I spoke to the Water sprinklers company. After I had a meeting with Steve Waite and saw all was ok, I sent the form with a deposit for £1000.00. Steve was going to do the paper work for the Water company and liase with the Sprinckler company on all technical matters.
I also had a meeting with Gary Halliday the plumber and we went through everything.
We agreed we would use the junior condensing boilers Worcester, I have to contact him again and give him the paper work for the gas company.


The brick contractor continued to cut the window holes and I went to see the place as I noticed that the plans did not have he alterations I had made on the position of the bathroom window on one of the flats on the first floor. That was fortunate as we worked out that we could make use of the existing window and only block one and half of the other one, saving time blocking and opening another window, plus the fact that it is better position for the distribution of the bathroom.


I had some concerns about the insulations and levels of the floor. I had a meeting with Steve on the Saturday and we went through all my concerns.
However I was surprises that having been saying for month that the work would only take 4 months on Saturday he said he work would be ready in August, that is a lot longer than previously agreed.
The brick contractor gave me a bill for over £4000 for the work already carried out, I spoke to Steve about it and said I was not told before about this payments, he said the brick man should have given the invoice to him, and he also said paying it direct ourselves would save the commission of the general builder contractor.

No comments: