Monday, February 06, 2006

More window opening

Ch: More noise opening more windows. I went out to check the opening on the passage as that was something I have been pointing out since the beginning of making the plans, Where the doors and windows should go and I wanted to see them marked on the walls.
When I checked the opening with the plan, it was correct on the plan but it did not coincide with the position needed as no to interfere with the doors and windows on the other side of the building.
As the door was strait in front of the dining room window, I said it was not acceptable and they could not open a door there. I went to get my plans and the brick man got a tape and we established where to do the opening.
Steve phone me about 30 minutes after and asked me if I was going to be here, as he wanted to come in 15 minutes.
We looked at the problem and said that the office would have to be smaller as there was no way we could have a main entrance door in front of a dinning room of my building. Well after taking the necessary measurements it was decided where to put the door and also we will not have another window, as the light coming from the door would be sufficient.
Steve asked me for a cheque for he Building control inspections as he had not done it before and all that documentations have to be presented and the cheque with them.
Next day Paul the builder contractor came and also Sean Seager the building inspector, he got all the papers and we talked about the insulation issues on noise etc. as the water sprinklers need space.
This is an issue I have to bring up again as we also need extra space for the ceiling lights, which need extra ventilation area and space has to be allowed for the proper noise insulations.


The builders also started to open up the ceilings to expose everything for the Sprinklers company to come and inspect the place.
As a whole I think only the first week and part of the second week there were working all the time, the rest only some days, I have to keep a diary of the days they come for reference.

No comments: